Friday, May 9, 2014

Church Rummage Sale goodies


It's still been a little chilly in the mornings but that doesn't deter the die-hards. This is a picture of the line to get into Christ the King rummage sale. That's only 1/2 of the line...there were just as many people standing in line behind me!  


This is always a great sale with a wide variety of junk filling the entire gymnasium area. It's mostly "stuff", not clothing, which is just how I prefer it!


They even have a separate "Holiday Room." You KNOW I make a bee-line straight to it as soon as the doors open. How would this church feel if it knew it was contributing to my Christmas "problem?"


Well, here we go.


Lots of goodies for Ebay.


That Christmas birdhouse will be repainted and will be hung in my new garden.


Nice linen Santa dish towel, a knee-hugger w/green mercury picks, an Irmi baby lamp.


Great beaded ornaments, spaghetti Christmas angel, a shiney brite indent, 
and a flocked dancing Santa.


Check out this crazy mercury glass garland! The large beads (compared to the reg. sized ones in the plastic box in the forefront) are threaded on the electrical wire that lights the bulbs in between! Have you ever seen that before?? It's so old that I haven't gotten up the courage to plug it in to see if it works for fear of setting the house on FIRE!


I bought two original Bild Lilli dolls, the precurser to the No. 1 Barbie. They need some work. I dressed them in some great handmade vintage clothes that my MIL just gave me. 


Another Bild Lilli, an uncut big book of SUPER valentines, a really nice small bell jar for crafts.


This is a box of old candle holders to put on a Birthday Cake. 


I love the Goldilocks/3 Bears graphics!


I'm estimating they are from the 1930's or 40's judging by the graphics.


Some empty Small World Avon pins that will become picture lockets.


CRAZY awful beaded ornament but I love it because of the teeny deer
 and the 1/2" bottle brush tree on the pedestal in the center! It's OVER THE TOP!


Remember baking marbles as a kid?? Someone made this little mouse with that method.
 Too cute.
Good luck with your own RUMMAGING! :)

love
rosie

2 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, my - I love your finds!! You certainly found some seriously great stuff!

Pete Lange said...

pickers do more before 9am than most people do all day... :-)