Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Decorations 2014

I collect vintage baby planters and alot of them tend to be lambs. So I have a collection of lambs. It was an accident. I didn't mean to have a collection of lamb planters, it just happened. So it fits to display them at Easter.

This planter is actually FOR Easter. I like that.

I have a few of this type of lamb. But one of my favs is the little duck under an umbrella. 
He makes me smile. :)

I bought that turquoise deer around Christmas. I know he's got nothing to do with Easter, but he looks so relaxed among the lamby-pies, doesn't he?

Here is an old tin rabbit and cart carrying...Baby Jesus??? Christmas seems to sneak in to all my decor, no matter what the season. 

(...like this egg-covered Christmas tree...)

This cute duck is two syrofoam balls in a nylon sock! So clever, I want to try making one of my own.  It has a Japan sticker on the bottom.

Last fall I got this great corner cabinet at a g-sale for $20. 

Its perfect for displays.

Now if only my displays were "perfect."


I almost left this crafty styrofoam bunny at the rummage sale but 
I was smitten with his plaid vest.

Here are my dogs in the 1970's trying to get to my Easter basket! :)

This is a child's purse.

Vintage crafty styrofoam egg.

This is the only beaded egg I've ever found. It is so pretty! I am on the look out for more!

I'm not sure but I think this glittered egg is a Christmas ornament.

Left to right: A chalkware chick, a plastic rattle rooster, a chenille and pom duck and a spun cotton chick (MY FAV!) breaking out of his pink shell!

Check this out! A real live (dead) taxidermied CHICK! I got this in a lot of other vintage Easter decorations in a shoebox. I love him even though its kinda twisted to think he gave up his life to become a symbol of new life...Ugh.   :(

What's cuter than flocked styrofoam chicks wearing party hats??? I love the satin ball bunny peeking over from behind them.

You can't see this very well but its a 1960's hat covered with velvet millinery posies! :)

I hope you had tons of fun this Easter with lots of blessings besides! 
love 
rosie

5 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

OMG that is the most amazing collection...I loved and poured over every picture! You and your dogs....adorable and $20 for that cabinet....you stole it girlfriend lol!

Carol

Patti said...

Oh my! I am in love with this post! Everything is just adorable! I have lots of lambs, too - and my collection was an accident, too! But now, I adore my little lambs. Your collections are amazing!

Pete Lange said...

u got it goin on girl

Melissa said...

Holy cow! Your collection is fantastic and so beautifully displayed. I hope you and your family had a nice Easter.

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

Wow, I love the vintage planter collection. You might have inspired me to look for some myself...darn you!