Friday, April 18, 2014

Easter Blessings

Thank you, oh so much, to everyone for your kinds words of sympathy and encouragement regarding my dad's passing. 
While I was caring for him, we watched HOURS of old movies on TMC. 
We saw everything from Silent Movies to Westerns (Dad's favorite) to Doris Day (my favorite!)

I also had a lot of time to sort through tons of family photos starting from the 1940's before my folks were married, on up to the present. It was cathartic.

I also had a little time to work my hands at something pleasing. When I flew 2000 miles to Dad's with a small suitcase full of yarn and pipe cleaners,
 my intention was to make lots of little Easter "friends."

I made only this one little pom-pom chick.

May God bless your Easter celebrations this weekend, friends. :)
love
rosie

3 comments:

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

What a darling little chick you made.
And your father was definitely a cutie-patootie!

Jill

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Easter Blessings to you! Sweet little chick you made. Hope your heart is healing...
Thank you for the birthday wishes.
warmly,
deb

Patti said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My own sweet daddy is beginning to fail. My dad loves the old movies, too. He even sings like Sinatra. May you find peace.