Tuesday, July 7, 2009

G-sale bargains

Here are a few items I found on the hunt this past week ...(even though I haven't hit many sales due to INTENSE work at the cottage!)
Check out this vintage "handbag" rotary telephone. Too cool! It works fine and has that nostalgic "ring-a-ling-a-ling." The lady I bought it from worked at the Phone Company for 30 years.

Pretty oil seascape painted by a woman in her 90's. $2.


Here's a mix of goodies...Avon molded soaps $1. Chick S&P shakers $1. Avon "Buckeroo" talc for boys, .10. Funky Homeco gold tree wall hanging, .50.


Ballerina picture with cute Maltese...A STEAL at .10!

This is a very unusual picture that my good friend practically begged me to take off her hands, "I just continue dusting it with no place to put it!" The frame is spectacular and it will go great in the bedroom at the cottage. The tag on the back says "The Secret." The signature on the front says "JPL, 1963." Do you know who this artist is?


Here is a close-up of some detail on the frame. It is gorgeous.


Below is a tiny peek at some of the work we've been up to at the cottage:

I got this little square farm table for $10 and it fits PERFECTLY in the cottage kitchen. The top oak surface is not in the greatest shape but who cares when all you need is a pretty pink vintage tablecloth to disguise it? The legs are painted in the perfect country-cream color and distressed to look old. It came with 4 little stools that don't really match the table but I may paint them all and use them with the table anyway. (Note my painted wood floor.)


I know this is not much, but this room is about finished. A bit more molding and some pillows and I will try to take a better pic with my wide angle.
Last week we pulled up yucky carpet, painted lvgrm floor, finished drywall, put in new bathroom sink and toilet,(the old ones would not work properly...I was especially sad about the vintage sink. It was 100 years old and beautiful...but if it won't function properly, it's not practical) wallpapered laundry room....
I hope to have more pics soon! God is good all the time!

2 comments:

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Hello Beautiful Rosie~ bringing a little bloggy love to you!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Rosie,
Great finds and the phone is priceless...have you looked it up on ebay to see how much it could be worth?!
Your home is coming along and looks wonderful!!
Pretty pink kitchen wallpaper!
I better get back to varnishing my door and trim...
Warmly,
Deb :)