Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's day!

I hope every Mom had as nice a Mother's Day as I had. I got the only thing I asked for...help demolishing the bathroom at the cottage. I even got some extra helpers...my brother and sister in law. My husband's Mom came along to to keep things light!


Here is my daughter helping to rip out ceiling tiles. Note my new electrical panel! Lights!

My sister in law and brother in law worked hard to pull tiles and remove remaining bathtub framing.

My son and husband were out mowing the lawn and gathering an armful of Poppies that were in full bloom on the property. Don't they look gorgeous? (See photo above.)

After burgers at a local "Drive-In" we came home and I opened my gifts.

My jewelry-making daughter took this lone vintage earring and turned it into a brooch for me. It SPARKLES!

My 16yr old son made this adorable charm bracelet out of Sculpey clay. He baked all the pieces right under my nose. I never saw a thing. The charms are: a cross, our dog, pepsi logo (I'm addicted), a heart, watermelon (my favorite food) and an ebay logo (I've been selling there since 1995!). His sister put all the charms together on the bracelet. Click the photo so see the details!

I hope to soon have some photos of NEW PLUMBING in the cottage! I have been praying for an affordable plumber and God has supplied him! Yay! We are almost ready for final painting and drywall on Pondicherry!

3 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Rosie,
You rec'd the sweetest gifts from your son and daughter!!! Very special.
How much more work is there to be done on your home. Looks like HUGH projects...been almost there and done that LOL...
Warmly,
Deb

Anonymous said...

Your cottage is going to be wonderful, please keep showing us your progress. I too had a wonderful Mother's Day and birthday.

Hugs,
LeAnn:)

Pete Lange said...

"a well we're movin' on up ..."