Friday, December 19, 2008

Shhhhhh! Don't tell Dad....

When winter sets in sometimes our Homeschooling gets off to a slow start in the morning. It's chilly and no one seems to want to leave the warmth of cozy blankets. Recently, the kids woke up and held a much TABOO'D dog party on my bed! Actually, I think I instigated it but it's something you can do only after my husband leaves for work. He is not fond of having a dog on the bed, let alone all THREE at once! But, Sweetie, we almost NEVER do this and I was sure to shake off the comforter when we were done! ;)
Below is a little treat that God blessed me with recently....Just after Thanksgiving I was driving down one of our country hwys and a glint of COLOR flew past my periferal vision. Mind you, all the trees are bare, so everything is grey. Any color sticks out like a sore thumb. I turned the car around, pulled ove and dug around in the glove box for some scissors (doesn't everyone keep scissors in the car?) "WHAT are you doing, Mom???" Me: "I think I saw something..." Usually, the kids know better than to ask too many questions. The last time I stopped on the hwy they saw me get out and chase a purple crinoline rolling down the grassy median like a fluffy tumbleweed! (But that's another story...)
I got out of the car and sure enough, there were 2 or 3 separate vines of Bittersweet growing twisted among the bare tree branches. It took about 5 min for me to snip away with my "kindergarten" scissors but I managed to gather a good bit.
Even though it was almost time for Christmas decorations, I couldn't resist spreading the berries throughout the house for one last touch of Fall.
(You can click on any pic to enlarge.)

2 comments:

Pete Lange said...

who's that sleeping on my bed!!

Heidi Ann said...

The arrangement in that last photo is SO beautiful!!